An old 2.5D Doom-like MS-DOS LAN shooter game.
All programming and graphics was done by me, Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ.
- 2.5D world with sprite-based objects. Rendering/collision is based on 2D BSP tree, with various features and hacks to make it "3D". Reminds of Doom, huh?.
- MCGA (320x200x256) graphics.
- LAN play with up to 8 players (IPX protocol).
- Stupid bots, in case no LAN is available.
- Command console, with event binding system similar to Quake.
- 11 distinct weapons, good&bad effects, items and pickups.
- Ability to turn off texturing for slow computers.
- Stereo sound.
- CPU: at least Intel 386, normal play under Intel 486 66MHz.
- RAM: approx. 2 megabytes.
- OS: MS-DOS, Win3.x, Win9x/ME.
- Disk space: approx. 1.5 megabytes.
- Video: VGA.
- Sound: nothing or SB (1.0, 1.5, 2.0, Pro, 16). Does not work on some SB clones.
Created with Watcom C/C++ 11.0 compiler, Dos Navigator for editing files, Autodesk Animator 1.0 for drawing, 3D Studio R4 for ThreeDee work, and a part of Allegro library sound code. Time of creation: 1998 February-August and 1999 January-June.
Copy to some directory, read "readme.txt" and "relyzai.txt" and do along the instructions found there. And, just in case: the language used there and in the game is Lithuanian :).
Zip file of binary here (668 KB).