A weird demo, showing no storyline, no particular style, some bugs and a (rather uncorellated) bunch of scenes and effects.
Shown at Mekka&Symposium’2002 in Germany. Ended up somewhere in the middle :(
You can get it through scene.org.
Thumbnails, click for a larger shot.
Short descriptions of these:
- “Real time reflections” kinda thing. Actually it’s one dynamic cubemap per sphere, so everything is rendered 6*3+1=19 times.
- Look for the shafts of light… Render many alpha blended spheres and in this onion-like way get something that looks like volumetric light.
- CSG (constructive solid geometry) thing. The shot isn’t very good: it should show that through the blue-thing you see spheres subtracted from the cube. Actually it’s just fiddling with Z-buffer and culling modes.
- Hatched bear.
- Flocking birds (boids).
- A bit of random sphere manipulations - sines and cosines.
- 2D metaball-like thingie.